Our new project KHAOS has started two weeks ago at the Grand Théâtre de Genève, Switzerland. Saeed was invited by its Director of ballet, star choreographer Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, for a residency. He was accompanied by the dancers Esther Moreno Suarez and Gabriel Lawton.
KHAOS will premiere on May 19th at the Mierscher Kulturhaus in Mersch, Luxembourg. Followed by a performance on May 20th.
Tickets are available here.
In Greek mythology, Khaos is the origin of everything, the empty unfathomable space at the beginning of time. Khaos is the goddess of creation and the chasm between heaven and earth. It is the
primordial mass of the universe, composed of the four elements of nature: fire, water, air and earth. Each of the four elements has its own unique properties that work simultaneously to create a
unified universe. Without chaos there is no creation, no organization, without silence there is no sound and without darkness there is no light - one requires the other. That one gap between
opposites that Khaos lives in.
Seven dancers from different areas create their own universe on stage, beyond reality. Individual elements and images that as a whole replicate the reality and chaos in which we live. In this piece contemporary dance, physical theatre, visual art and especially sculptural and installed art are combined in a unique way. This spectacle creates a chaos of the senses in the viewer, feelings and thoughts are distributed in space and time. On stage there is a struggle between the opposites that we deal with every day and that we need for the necessary balance in our lives.
An accompanying, eponymous photo exhibition to the play will be shown at the Mierscher Kulturhaus from May 11th to June 30th 2023. The vernissage will take place on May 11th at 6:30pm.
Nine photographers from seven countries accompany Saeed Hani and his dancers during the creation process.
- Belgian photographer Bert Van Pelt focuses in particular on the naked male body as the ultimate form of self-expression.
- The photographs of the Barcelona-based artist Vega y Patiño are characterised by their visual poetry.
- Pit Reding from Luxembourg believes in the principles of minimalism and simplicity. In his work, he likes to transpose nature into a modern context.
- As editor of Tale of Men magazine, Chris Chi brings together male nude photography with the personal life stories of the models.
- The work of Luxembourg-based Slovak artist Michaela Knizova aka Nynewe is dark, mysterious and spiritual, rich in references to the symbolism of classic fairy tales, traditional folk myths and religious iconography.
- Kawa Chan aka Studio Fifth's creative work plays with contradictory registers to reveal the infinite nuances of sensuality in the realm of intimacy.
- Multi-award-winning intermedia designers Felix Keilen and Joshua Ternes are also constantly devoting themselves to photography alongside their work as filmmakers.
- Martt aka analog.martt is an analog photographer with Italian-Brazilian roots. His work is dedicated to analogue photography and its emphasis on the organic in an artificial age.
With the kind support of: